From: Wiedemann, Friederike
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 12:49 PM
Subject: measures to help students affected by Hurricane Katrina

Dear Colleagues:

You will be interested in knowing what MSU is doing to help victims of Hurricane Katrina.  This morning, we had a meeting and made the following decisions:

We will do whatever we can to help students who are displaced and would appreciate your help:

  1. If you know of a student who might want to come to MSU, please have him or her contact Ms. Barbara Merkle at either 1-800-842-1922 or 940-397-4328.  We will admit students late, and we will charge instate tuition.  We need to be contacted by September 13th.  Housing will be available.

In placing students into classes, we will, of course, work with you.

  1. If you know of an MSU student who is financially affected by the hurricane, please, recommend to him or her to contact Financial Aid (4214).

Governor Perry will issue a proclamation later today.  We will keep you informed of any additional measures we will take as a result.

Thank you,

Friederike

Friederike Wiedemann, Ph.D.

Provost