Dear Colleagues,

I am also on the advisory board for this film festival and I highly recommend it.  See the details below.

Sincerely,

Professor E-K. Daufin, Ph.D.

Department of Communications

Alabama State University

915 South Jackson St.

Montgomery, AL 36101-0271

Lectures, Performances, Workshops, Consultation:

http://home.earthlink.net/~daufin

The Mars & Venus Diet & Exercise Solution: http://ekdaufin.isagenix.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Sponsor: Center on Blacks and the Media

Event: The Black Man Film Festival, Nov. 4-5, 2005, Atlanta, Georgia

Contact: Yemi Toure, [log in to unmask] , 404.432.2194

===

ANNUAL BLACK MAN FILM FESTIVAL IS SET FOR ATLANTA

The fourth annual Black Man Film Festival is set for Nov. 4-5, 2005, in Atlanta,

Georgia, USA.

The festival will have a full schedule of films, a panel discussion, reception,

and social and networking events. New this year is a youth film festival.

The Festival uses film to explore "the life and journey, trials and triumphs,

culture and style of the Black man," said Festival director Yemi Toure. Topics

this year include male-female relationships, father-son ties and a look at the Black

male image in music videos.

Festival web site is www.toure-interactive.com/hype.

Festival email is [log in to unmask] . Phone is 404-432-2194.

"We will show features, documentaries, short films and dramas," says Toure.

"And we are especially proud that all day Friday will be a day of films just

for our youth."

The youth festival is Friday Nov. 4, 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. The main Festival is Friday

Nov. 4, 7-10 p.m., and Saturday Nov. 5, noon-9 p.m., with an after party that evening.

All events are held at Auburn Avenue Research Library, 101 Auburn Avenue N.E., Atlanta,

Georgia.

All events are free and open to the public.

The festival is sponsored by the Center on Blacks and the Media, a non-profit media-monitoring

group.

The festival's advisory board includes filmmaker St. Clair Bourne; economist and

national commentator Dr. Julianne Malveaux; Dr. Ray Winbush, director of the Urban

Institute at Morgan State University; and historian and educator Dr. Asa Hilliard.