Please forward widely to those who may be helped by it.

funds for katrina survivors
==================================

Katrina Survivors,

Here is an update of resources with funds that may be available to you.

The IRS is issuing refund checks to Katrina survivors. If you paid taxes in 2004, and you are a Katrina survivor you may be eligible to receive "all" of your taxes paid for that year. If you have internet access you can go online to:
www.irs.gov and download the forms you need (IRS publication 2194). You can also call IRS, and have the Katrina disaster kit sent to your present location. The number is: (866) 562-5227.

If you attended Dillard or Xavier Universities the United Negro College Fund (UNCF) has monies set aside for Katrina survivors. For those who have internet access, you can learn more by going to either of the two following sites:
www.uncf.org     or

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/09-07-2005/0004102229&EDATE=

If you are a Social Worker and a Katrina survivor, the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) has funds available on a first come, first serve basis. You can call, and complete your application over the phone. The number is (800) 742-4089.

If you are or were a small business owner and Katrina survivor, you can apply for a loan through the Small Business Association (SBA). For those of who have internet access, you can download the loan application directly from the SBA website;
http://www.sba.gov/disaster_recov/   or you can call and have the packet sent to you. The number is as follows: (800) 659-2955.

If you are a veteran and Katrina survivor, you may also be eligible for a SBA loan specifically for veterans. Call Veteran's Affairs at (800) 827-1000 to learn more about this. For those with internet access you can go to the following website to gather more information:
http://www.sba.gov/vets/defense.pdf

As I gather more information about financial resources, I will be sure to pass them along. If you get this email, please share this information with others. If you have any information about financial resources, please pass this information along to me.

Thanks and take care,

Adrian Anderson, LCSW-BACS
Licensed Clinical Social Worker,
Board Approved Supervisor
(504) 451-4312

Professor E-K. Daufin, Ph.D.

Department of Communications

Alabama State University

915 South Jackson St.

Montgomery, AL 36101-0271

Lectures, Performances, Workshops, Consultation:

http://home.earthlink.net/~daufin

The Mars & Venus Diet & Exercise Solution: http://ekdaufin.isagenix.com