Below I have included the e-mail I sent to Dean Foote this morning. To bottom line it, we jave 3o minutes on next Monday. The goal is to begin a continuing dialogue rather than a 3 hour summit.

Hopefully, those attending can meet sometime before Mondays meeting, so that we come in organized, everyone has a chance to speak, and we are not stepping on each other's toes.

Finally, the survey will begin distribution tomorrow. If you committed to researching a PW program, please complete your mini-report by the end of this week.

Best,

Will

Dean Foote:

I have scheduled a short meeting for the Professional Writing Students Association (PWA) with you for next Monday, December 5th, at 3pm. Currently, five students, including myself plan to attend. We are surveying every PW student (undergraduate and graduate) about their overall satisfaction and what resources they desire to improve the program. We will have a short report that compiles the results. Additionally, it will detail our short-term and long-term goals to improve the PW program.

I understand that with the end of semester and the arrival of faculty candidates, you are extremely busy. Therefore, we will keep the meeting to 30 minutes or shorter. We hope this meeting starts a constructive and continuing dialogue. A significant group of PW students are energized and determined to work constructively in order to improve our program and Gaylord College as a whole.

 Respectfully,

Will Prescott