Wow! I am glad to see so much enthusiasm on organizing for more resources.

I just want to emphasize the need when you do write to be positive and polite. (I assume we all would, but I'll throw it out here anyway.")

Dean Foote is new and underinformed about the PW program. To his credit, he is being very open about the process and requesting our suggestions. He could have easily said nothing and spent the money as he saw fit.

We all need to face that the PW program is not understood within Gaylord as a whole.
Our professor are overworked. Besides, they are not in the position to organize and demand things anyway.

That is where us, the  students, have to step up. If all we do is come to campus for lectures and then go off in our little caves to write, then we should not be surprised if we are overlooked and underresourced. (Not to knock it either, I am as selfish about my writing time as the next person.)

Keep the ideas coming. Think of what you want and share it. If we do not get all we want this time, we can find other ways to improve our program.

William D. Prescott

University of Oklahoma

office no. 405-325-2710