Hey Everyone,
O.U. Improv! has always wanted to archive the recordings of our shows and provide them to our fans. However, we need your help to do it.

See, we have the equipment resources to do it in the Student Organization Resource Office (SORO) at OU. There is an Apple Film Editing Suite. However, we just don't have enough people that know how to use this equipment. Hopefully, you can help us change that.

This Tuesday, OU is holding a seminar on how to edit video on Apple applications such as Final Cut Pro among other topics. If you are interested in this type of technical, creative stuff, O.U. Improv! would like you to become one of our film editors and learn about Final Cut Pro (the morning session of the seminar). Building on the basic information from the seminar, Eric in SORO can help make you an editing pro.

If nothing else, the seminar might get you pumped about the potential cool stuff we can do with the Apple resources in SORO.

Don't forget to RSVP to them if you plan on attending. You can attend for just part of the day. When RSVPing you will need to fill out an online form that is linked through the announcement below. On the form, the University of Oklahoma is your institution, organization size is 21-49, and your organization type is education. If it's not indicated, the zip code to find the University of Oklahoma as the institution is 73019. If you would rather use the O.U. Improv! contact info instead of your own you can find it at our website: www.ouimprov.com.

I've pasted the announcement below.

I'm excited to find some new creative minds to be a bigger part of the great work O.U. Improv! does. Let me know if you'll be one of them.

Toodles,
Marcy.

TO: All Students, Faculty, and Staff

Please join Information Technology and Apple, on Tuesday, February 21, 2006, for a free and informative seminar on Apple's professional video and audio applications like Apple's Final Cut Studio, Shake, Aperture and Logic Pro. Learn how to enhance the creative process and strengthen your curriculum offerings. This seminar will explore tools and the hardware components, including storage and servers, that make content rendering and high definition video storage a reality. In addition, the participants will also discuss Apple Software, Apple Training and Apple Support options. There is no cost for this event, seating is limited, so reserve yours today.

To register and for more information, go to http://seminars.apple.com/goToEvent.html?id=41928

You are welcome to come and spend the whole day or just the part of the day that interests you most. In the morning there will be an emphasis on photography, film and video solutions, including Aperture, Shake and Final Cut Studio. The afternoon sessions will focus on Apple's audio solutions, SoundTrack Pro, Logic Pro along with a preview session on Podcasting.

RSVP is required: http://seminars.apple.com/goToEvent.html?id=41928

Location:
University of Oklahoma
Oklahoma Memorial Union, Scholars Room