Hello, I am a co-chair for the Inez Kaiser Awards (sponsored by the PR Division of AEJMC), and I am passing along this information to you because you may have students eligible for the awards and we would like to see more graduate programs represented by award recipients. We also need sponsors for these awards if you are interested.

Information regarding the award is pasted below.  Feel free to contact me at [log in to unmask] if you have any questions regarding this award.

Best,
Natalie Tindall
Doctoral Candidate
Department of Communication
University of Maryland, College Park
* * * *  *
Hello to all!

Natalie Tindall and I are this year's co-chairs for the Inez Kaiser Graduate Students of Color Awards for the AEJMC Public Relations Division and we are soliciting your help for the 2006 campaign. We need nominees and sponsors.

As you know, for the past decade, the PRD has worked to increase diversity in the division through these awards, which honor Inez Kaiser, the first African-American woman to belong to PRSA and to head
a PR agency with national clients. By providing graduate students of color with free one-year memberships in AEJMC and the PRD, the awards encourage these students' academic career aspirations, and in turn, their involvement broadens the diversity of voices within the PRD.

Eligible graduate students of color must be studying or researching public relations at the graduate level. They may be international or American students.  A $60 donation will cover one student's year-long
membership in AEJMC and the PRD.

Many PRD members who sponsored students last year have been long-time sponsors.  Their commitment to these awards runs deep.  We are hoping this year that the pool of sponsors will grow to include some new faces - maybe even yours!

The deadline for nominations/sponsor commitments is April 15. Please contact Heidi Edwards at [log in to unmask] if you would like to nominate a student, be a sponsor or both.  Thank you in advance for your nominations and sponsorship.

Heidi Edwards and Natalie Tindall
Co-chairs, Inez Kaiser Awards