To all Our Media participants

Let me support the comments made recently by Clemencia, Dorothy and Nick...I've been unable to make to recent Our Media events because of personal reasons but feel the need to engage more and will try my level best to be at the next gathering. I think it's important that there is a continuum of representation from the 'more mature' to the new wave. We will all benefit from such a configuration.

Susan Forde, Jacqui Ewart, Kerrie Foxwell and I have almost completed the first national qualitative audience study of community radio (and TV) in
Australia and are keen to share this information internationally.  Although the Australian environment is unique (as are most, I suspect), there is much that has come from our focus groups (around 45) in 12 different ethnic community languages (although closer to 60 are spoken across the country) and interviews in Indigenous communities in remote, regional and urban areas. It's a huge project but we're hoping to make an interim report by August this year. One or more of us would love to talk about this at the next Our Media gathering.

Best to all of you...

Cheers,

Michael

Michael Meadows (PhD)