Dear Members of the OWP Listserv:

We need to get Dan Boren on board as supporting the Oklahoma Writing Project. So this is your homework assignment for Spring Break.  Please write to Congressman Boren.  In your letter mention some of the following facts:

1.  How has OWP helped you as a teacher of Oklahoma students.

2.  What difference have you witnessed, even measured in the quality of writing your students produce.

3.  What programs, contests, public displays of writing have your students participated in due to OWP.

Also remind Congressman Boren that his predecessor in office, Brad Carson was an enthusiastic supporter of OWP.

(For further tips on how to write your congressman, use the following address from NWP http://www.writingproject.org/Resources/dcupdate/tips.csp )

Here are the addresses and phone numbers for Congressman Boren's Washington and Oklahoma offices:

Washington, D.C.
216 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515
(202) 225-2701
(202) 225-3038 fax

Muskogee Office
431 W. Broadway
Muskogee, OK 74401
(918) 687-2533
(918) 686-0128 fax

Claremore Office
309 W. 1st Street
Claremore, OK 74017
(918) 341-9336
(918) 342-4806 fax

McAlester Office
321 South Third, Suite 4
McAlester, OK 74501
(918) 423-5951
(918) 423-1940 fax

The following is an e-mail device you can use to e-mail the congressman.

http://www.house.gov/boren/emailsignup.shtml

I am attaching the "Dear Colleague" letter to which the NWP is encouraging members of Congress to sign on indicating their support for the National Writing Project.

Don't delay on this. The National Writing Project would like to have all the congressmember's signature in by March 13th. (But don't hesitate to write Rep. Boren if you get this message after the 13th.)

Yours in the fight for our students,

R. Lynn Green

OWP Class of '91