From: NWP Directors and Co-directors Discussion - Carol Tateishi <[log in to unmask]>
To: Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Apply to an NWP Writing Retreat
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 13:25:54 -0800 (PST)

Dear Fellow Directors,

I'm writing to you about Professional Writing Retreats A & B. We've extended the application deadlines to Monday, April 3rd, and I'm writing to urge you to contact TCs at your site to apply. Both retreats, depending on where people are in their writing, are truly perfect venues for moving people ahead in their writing, while experiencing a powerful community of writers. Here are four top reasons to apply:

* First and foremost is that writers can think deeply and reflectively about their work and write about it in ways that benefit both themselves and your site.

* Almost to a person, the directors, co-directors and TCs who come to the retreats return with writing for local newsletters for their sites or other publications and/or new enthusiasm and potential as leaders.

* A wonderful by-product of the retreats is the program-level information that is shared among participants, sparking new ideas for activities and fostering new relationships that often bear fruit in classroom exchanges, etc. Many also return and lead similar retreats at their local sites.

* Without a doubt, participants build new connections to the WP, grow in their understanding of the WP and grow in their own capacity as teacher leaders.

I know the timeline is short, but please call or email selected TC's and urge them to complete an application (what better way to spend the weekend?!)  Please consider yourself as a possible participant as well.

For retreat information or to apply online visit the NWP website at http://www.writingproject.org/cs/nwpp/print/nwpn/22.

If you have any further questions, please contact Iana at <mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask] or me. Thank you.  I hope to get applications from your site!

Carol Tateishi

------------------
NWP Directors and Codirectors

Please remember: this discussion forum is public. Replies to this address will be sent to all subscribers. Thank you!
Respond directly to the sender of this message only.
 mailto:[log in to unmask]

Post a response to this message and send to the entire group.
 mailto:[log in to unmask]

Post a new message on a new topic and send to the entire group.
 mailto:[log in to unmask]

To view this discussion online:
 http://www.writingproject.org/cs/nwpp/forum/cs_disc/111

To unsubscribe and not receive further emails.
 mailto:[log in to unmask]