TahomaFrom:Tahoma [log in to unmask] on behalf of Vera Franz TahomaSent:Tahoma Wed 5/17/2006 5:12 AM TahomaTo:Tahoma ipr&publicdomain TahomaSubject:Tahoma [ipr] out now: The Copy/South Dossier THE COPY/SOUTH DOSSIER <<0000,0000,EEEEwww.copysouth.org> Issues in the economics, politics, and ideology of copyright in the global South Researched and published by the Copy/South Research Group May 2006 ISBN: 978-0-9553140-1-8 (printed edition) Not restricted by copyright We are told that we live in the ‘digital revolution’ era and that we can communicate across the globe as we never could before. In fact, restrictive copyright laws still act as a serious barrier to sharing and learning from each other. This is particularly true in countries of the South where three quarters of the population live. To read more, get a copy of the 208-page Copy/South Dossier produced in May 2006 by the Copy South Research Group after more than 18 months of research. Available at no charge, this unique dossier contains more than 50 articles examining many dimensions of the issue across the global South, such as access, culture, economics, libraries, education, software, the Internet, the public domain, and resistance. It is available at no charge. You can get the dossier in two ways: either download it <<0000,0000,EEEEwww.copysouth.org> or send us an e-mail 0000,0000,EEEE<<[log in to unmask]> and we will send you a copy in the post, either as a printed booklet or as a CD. Copy South gratefully acknowledges the financial support from the Open Society Institute, the Research Fund of the University of Kent Law School, UK and HIVOS, NL.