Dear OWP,

Some of you might be interested in this memoir class I'll be teaching in June. Please feel free to pass on the information to friends and family members. If anyone has questions, just let me know.

Dana Loy

A MEMOIR WORKSHOP

The Older Women's Legacy Circle

 Every woman has a unique and important story to tell--a story that is valuable to the storyteller, her family, her friends, and her community.

The OWL-Circle Memoir Workshop helps women tell those stories through a series of five autobiography writing classes. The classes are designed for senior women over 60.

Through the OWL-Circle workshop, participants capture memories and create a personal history. They recall events in their lives, share memories with others in the group, and write them down. At the end of the workshop, each participant takes home her collection of autobiographical writings. Writings of this type reinforce our sense that our lives matter and that we make a difference in the world. They pass on the story of who we are as individuals, as families, and as communities.