I know it's been a while since this thread went out, but one of my favorite tools is WordWeb, a freeware program that works like a thesaurus with a list of synonyms, but also shows synonyms for the "type of" the word, and different "types".  For example, foreshadow pops up a long list, including augur, betoken, bode, forecast, foretell, portend, etc., and that's just in synonyms! "Type of" shows up words like signal, and "type" has threaten and others.  Anyway, awesome tool.  If you're interested, google it.

Michelle Pierce <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Richard Adkins wrote:
>
> >I'm looking for a word like foreshadow but that
> >doesn't work

what about "omen"? or try thesaurus.com.

-michelle