I agree with you Lillie--great suggestions.

LILLIE FEARS <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Excellent suggestions, Linda.

From: Shockley, Linda [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 4:12 PM
To: LILLIE FEARS; [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: Losses of Boyd, Bradley, Setbacks for Diversity?

Possible speakers:
George Curry, a friend to Gerald Boyd and his co-founder of the Greater St. Louis ABJ and director of their first high school workshop, former Bob Knight Award winner, former Washington correspondent for the Chicago Tribune, now editor of the National Newspaper Publishers Association is right in Washington .
Charlayne Hunter Gault of CNN, and NPR (who might be in Africa), a dear friend of Ed Bradley's, herself a former NY Times reporter.
Not least of all would be Robin Stone, widow of Gerald, former Essence and NY Times style editor, former president of NYABJ --which ran a very successful high school workshop program, and author (http://www.robinstone.com/home.asp).
I'm not sure how the MAC/Scholastic luncheon works but whomever the counterparts are in scholastic should be able to work through these extraordinary circumstances/opportunities.