Bangladesh NGOs Network for
Radio and Communication
Promoting Communication Technology for a Fairer World
www.bnnrc.net

Dear Madam/Sir,

Greetings from Bangladesh NGOs Network for Radio and Communication (BNNRC).

BNNRC
is a national networking body working for building a democratic society based on the principles of free flow of information, equitable & affordable access to Information & Communication Technology (ICT) for remote & marginalized population.

I am pleased to provide you with copy of Community Radio: Ready to launch in Bangladesh, a new publication written by Golam Nabi Jewel and published by Bangladesh NGOs Network for Radio and Communication (BNNRC) with the congenial support from Cordaid- Netherlands through Promoting Appropriate Technologies and Policies to uphold the Value ICT as Basic Human Rights.

This booklet highlights the present scenario of Community Radio (CR) in Bangladesh. As well as discussing on the importance of Community Radio in the context of globalisation and current main streaming media practice.

It also looks at the Bangladesh Broadcasting Act (draft), 2003 in the light of Community Radio and describing the status of different media.

It also describes the policy advocacy process for promoting Community Radio by NGOs and CBOs. In this connection it has published 4 interviews of four ICT for Development and Community Media experts.

They point out how Community Radio can ensure peoples rights, resist the globalisation and neo-liberal economic hegemony and helps to promote good governance in Bangladesh.

I trust you will find this publication useful and we welcome your comments and suggestions.

Sincerely Yours,

----------------------
AHM Bazlur Rahman-S21BR
Chief Executive Officer
Bangladesh NGOs Network for Radio and Communication
&
Member, Strategy Council
UN-Global Alliance for ICT and Development (GAID)

House: 13/1, Road:2, Shaymoli, Dhaka-1207
Post Box: 5095, Dhaka 1205 Bangladesh

Phone: 88-02-9130750, 88-02-9138501
01711881647 Fax: 88-02-9138501-105

E-mail: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
www.bnnrc.net