FYI - might be fun to try out your new (for many of you) HF privs and give the club shack a shake-down cruise with this contest. W5TC has not been very active in college events in a long time...

73,

Jud  W5JA

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: k9es <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mar 18, 2007 7:26 AM
Subject: Invitation to Participate - Florida QSO Party
To: Univ Virginia <[log in to unmask]>, Yale Univ <[log in to unmask]>, Worcester Polytechnic Inst < [log in to unmask]>, West Virginia Univ <[log in to unmask]>, Washington State Univ <[log in to unmask] >, Virginia Tech <[log in to unmask]>, Vermont Tech College <[log in to unmask]>, Vanderbuilt Univ < [log in to unmask]>, Univ Wisconsin - Milwaukee <[log in to unmask]>, Univ Wisconsin - Madison <[log in to unmask]>, Univ West Florida < [log in to unmask]>, Univ Vermont <[log in to unmask]>, Univ Utah <[log in to unmask] >, Univ Texas <[log in to unmask]>, Univ Tennessee <[log in to unmask]>, Univ Rhode Island < [log in to unmask]>, Univ Pennsylvania <[log in to unmask]>, Univ Oklahoma <[log in to unmask]>, Univ of Arkansas < [log in to unmask]>, US Air Force Academy <[log in to unmask]>, US Naval Academy <[log in to unmask]>

QST QST QST
To All University and College Amateur Radio Clubs, Trustees, Presidents

This is an "official invitation" for University and College Radio Clubs to participate in the 10th annual FLORIDA QSO PARTY which will be held on the weekend of April 28 and 29 th, 2007.  The Florida QSO Party is one of the largest State QSO Party and provides the opportunity to work all 67 Florida Counties during a weekend.  The contest is sponsored by the Florida Contest Group, and information can be found at the club's official web site http://www.floridaqsoparty.org/.

This year, as our 10th year, we are inviting all college and university amateur radio clubs to participate, and we are offering two special awards: 1. A winning plaque will be sent to the club that submits the highest score among all university and college club entries, provided there are at least 10 university or college clubs that participate. 2. A case of Florida Oranges will be shipped to that winning club so that the members can enjoy the finest "Indian River" oranges on the planet, provided there are at least 20 university or college clubs that participate.

Please get your members organized and on the air so that your club can enjoy the "fruits of your labors", and can boast that your club beat out all the other University and College Amateur Radio Clubs in the 2007 FQP.

We will get the counties on the air, and your task is to work them.  The contest operates from 12 Noon (EDT) on Saturday April 28th to 10PM (EDT), and then begins back at 8AM (EDT) Sunday April 29 th until 6 PM (EDT).

Hope to see you all on the air.

73's

Eric K9ES – FQP Plaques Award Chairman

--