. Cloud State University is holding its first American Indian Studies Summer Institute in June, a weeklong event designed to increase knowledge about history, culture and language of the American Indian bands in Minnesota

The institute, to be held June 11-15, is sponsored by the SCSU Department of Ethnic Studies, the Multicultural Resource Center and the American Indian Center in partnership with the Mille Lacs Indian Museum and the Minnesota Historical Society.

Sessions throughout the week targeted toward educators will include Minnesota Indians 101, tribal sovereignty, stereotypes and cultural misinformation, incorporating American Indian history and culture into the curriculum, language training and field trips to urban Indian communities and the Mille Lacs Indian Reservation.

We sometimes have problems with our server rejecting incoming email. If your reply to this email is returned to you, PLEASE call me at the number below.   Apologies...We are working on it. Sincerely,

Rev. Dr. E-K. Daufin, Professor

Department of Communications

Alabama State University

915 South Jackson St.

Montgomery, AL 36101-0271

334.229.6885

Thank you in advance for your

Scholarly & Creative Activity Referrals -

Lectures, Performances, Workshops, Consultation Related Info: http://home.earthlink.net/~ekdaufin/