Actually, we should get a copy of the ARRL Log Book and keep that copy in the shack. All the columns we'd need, easy to use, and self explanatory.  Also, does the club have a computer? If not, I have a socket 370 motherboard, with memory, I'd donate. The club would need a hard disk and a socket 370 CPU (1 GHz P-IIIs are about $20). I also have a PS to go in the case, and even a big case I'd donate. There are freeware logging programs out there that would work just fine. This would also work with any sort of digital modes the club would like to explore.

As for field strength issues, I can run a very quick look at field strength levels with I have EZNEC that would satisfy the requirement for a radiation exposure estimate. In the various scenarios I've modeled, it's difficult to exceed the limits on any band with any antenna, even at 1.5 kW.

73,

Kim Elmore, N5OP

Carey Legett wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">In order to better follow good amateur practices (as well as helping with any possible future interference issues), please keep a PAPER log anytime you are operating a radio at the shack.  This log should contain at a minimum the following information:

Time and date operations started
frequencies and power levels transmitted on/with
any contacts (include: callsign of station worked, frequency worked, power used, time and date(if its more than a minute long, include time started, and time finished), mode, and operators initials)
Time and date operations ceased
Operators' names, callsigns, and license levels (e.g. Chip Legett, WX9EMT, Extra)

Keep in mind this is for everyone's protection and should not be taken as "something has already gone wrong".  We've had absolutely no problems or interference complaints so far.
A good example log would be:

Station opened: 1500 (local) 14 Jul 2007
called CQ on 14275 kHz from 1502 to 1504 using 50W on SSB
contact: NX1XXX, 14275 kHz, 1504 14 Jul 2007, 50W, SSB, ended 1510, CL
called CQ on 14050 kHz from 1512 to 1520 using 50W on CW
station closed: 1525 (local) 14 Jul 2007
Chip Legett, WX9EMT, Extra; Joe Blow, KK5XXX, Technician

Please leave a copy of this log in the shack.  Feel free to take a copy with you (especially once we get a computer/printer in there), but one copy needs to remain in the shack.

Note that due to the *attached* OET 65 excerpt, we may not exceed 50W on 10m or any VHF frequency, or 75W on 12m, because we don't want to have to due the applicable survey to ensure compliance with OET 65.  I don't believe we have a radio capable of putting out more than 100W so those are the only requirements we should have to watch.

Remember to only use the minimum power necessary for ANY communication.  If someone gives you a signal report of "20 over 5-9" back the power down, you've got some breathing room.

Please reference the attached Table from OET Bulletin No. 65: Evaluating Compliance With FCC Guidelines for Human Exposure to Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Fields.

Any questions or comments can be directed to me either by phone at (405) 397-7660 or email.

-Chip Legett, WX9EMT
=

PRIVACY STATEMENT:
This correspondence may contain sensitive information and is intended
only for the recipients listed in the headers of the
original email, and should not be forwarded, printed, or otherwise
distributed in any medium without express permission from
the original author.  If you have received this email in error, please
destroy any copy you have received, and contact
[log in to unmask] at your earliest convenience.

=