Ditto on the ARRL-type paper log. I'm an old fart who remembers when it was
requiredd to log *every* contact. I still try to do that on HF. Obviously
with the advent of 2m, logging every contact would be ludicrous.

Also, as a geophysicist/geologist, I recommend you use a pencil. These
aren't legal docs (at least not any more), so it's OK to erase mistakes. The
big advantage of pencil is when someone spills a drink on it. Geologists
learn this the hard way the first time they take notes in the rain with pen.

In many shacks, you can find logbooks going back decades. Imagine a log from
a 30 year-old floppy 8" floppy made on an H88 computer...

But most importantly, we should at the very least be logging who is in the
shack, when. This may prove important in our continuing skirmishes with
whomever seems to resent our presence there and complains to the LANDLORD.
;-)

--
Dr. Judson L. Ahern
Professor Emeritus, Geophysics