We already have a copy of the ARRL Log Book in the shack.  I went up there yesterday and made a contact on 40m CW and made an example entry in the Log Book (or more correctly transferred the log to the log book from my scratch paper).  Please keep a paper log even if we do end up having a digital log as well.  There are pencils and a sharpener in the shack for your use.

Following up on what I said in my last email:  It turns out that one of our radios can put out almost 150W on HF.  So PLEASE be cognizant of the need to know where the power setting is unless and until we do a proper RF exposure survey for an uncontrolled environment.  I've talked to New Zealand on 5W through the same kind of antenna we have up now.  150W is *not* necessary for making contacts.

On a lighter note: if I have the energy after my calc class tonight, I'm planning on going up to the shack to try and make a few contacts if anyone's interested.  I get out of class up in the city at 8pm and would probably be headed to the shack around 9pm.

-Chip, WX9EMT

PRIVACY STATEMENT:
This correspondence may contain sensitive information and is intended
only for the recipients listed in the headers of the
original email, and should not be forwarded, printed, or otherwise
distributed in any medium without express permission from
the original author.  If you have received this email in error, please
destroy any copy you have received, and contact
[log in to unmask] at your earliest convenience.