Dear OU Student,

I am writing to announce the 2007-8 Betty Baum and Norman Hirschfield

Award competition.  The award was endowed by the son and daughter of

Betty Baum and Norman Hirschfield, Alan Hirschfield and E.J.

Hirschfield, of Jackson Hole, Wyoming.  It is designed for

undergraduate and graduate students who are full-time, single mothers

enrolled on the Norman campus.  Applicants must have completed fifteen

hours of study and have a 3.0 grade-point average.   Criteria and

forms are available on our website,  Three awards of $4000 each will

be granted this year.  The application deadline has been extended to

July 6, 2007.

The 2006-7 Betty Baum and Norman Hirschfield Award recipients were

Brandy Champeau (MIS), Elizabeth Kickham (Anthropology), and Diana

Sietz (Music).

Please circulate this announcement to your faculty and students.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Dr. Betty J. Harris

Director of Women's Studies