Contributing to MAC out-of-convention PF&R activities.

 If you host free, public events of note on your campus that are of MAC
interest, and you would like to enhance MACs overall out-of-convention
PF&R activities for 2007-08, you may propose the event to our incoming
PF&R chair (Dr. Frances Ward-Johnson, [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> ), and copy our incoming division head (Dr.
Camilla Gant, [log in to unmask]) for approval for co-sponsorship (MAC and
your department/institution).  Remember if you get permission for the
co-sponsorship, out-of-convention activities must be publicized and made
available to the entire MAC membership for participation/attendance
consideration.  You may use the listserv and the newsletter to promote
approved activities (incoming newsletter editor is Dr. Darlene Lee,
[log in to unmask]).  We are NOT depending on these co-sponsorships to
count as a major PF&R out-of-convention activity-----ONLY as an
enhancement of something bigger, or something with more opportunity for
MAC involvement.

So if you have some pretty heavy speakers to your classes/students that
are also free and open to the public, particularly those who focus on
diversity issues, you may want to seek permission to promote these
events as MAC co-sponsored events.  We would like to have a pretty hefty
PF&R out-of-convention section to write up for the annual report.

We sometimes have problems with our server rejecting incoming email. If
your reply to this email is returned to you, PLEASE call me at the
number below.   Apologies...We are working on it. Sincerely,

Rev. Dr. E-K. Daufin, Professor

AEJMC MAC Membership/Listserv Chair

Department of Communications

Alabama State University

915 South Jackson St.

Montgomery, AL 36101-0271

334.229.6885

Thank you in advance for your

Scholarly & Creative Activity Referrals -

Lectures, Performances, Workshops, Consultation Related Info:
http://home.earthlink.net/~ekdaufin/
<http://home.earthlink.net/~ekdaufin/>