Hello all,
My name is Amanda Theaker, and now that I finally have this list-serv thing working, I can post this! I am one of the co-presidents of this year's PWSA. I would like to take a moment to formally welcome everyone, both new and old, to the Professional Writing Student Assocation of 2007-2008!
I hope that everyone had a wonderful summer, and was able to put as much down on paper as possible!
I would also like to take this opportunity to announce our next meeting of the semester:
Tuesday, September 25th at 7:30 in the PW lounge in Copeland Hall, Room 209!
Also, I would like to mention to everyone that this year's Neutstadt conference is coming up at the end of the month!
This is a wonderful opportunity to see this year's winner: Katherine Paterson, author of Bridge to Terabithia!
We will be discussing the conference events at the meeting, and hopefully organizing a group to attend each event!
Here's a quick run-down of the festivites so you can plan ahead!
Thursday, September 27th
4 PM: WLT Book Club in Monnet Hall, 105- this is an opportunity to meet with Paterson in an intimate enviroment and discuss her work with her. I've also been told by my contacts at WLT that this is the best chance anyone has to get some one-on-one time with Paterson!
7 PM: Dinner and reception at R.C. Davis (senior editor-and-chief of WLT)'s house- this dinner is to honor Paterson and the jurors of the 2008 Neustadt prize. This event is by invitation-only, but I happen to have a stack of invitations that I'm going to bring to the PWSA meeting if you would like one.
Friday, September 28th
8:15-11:45: Juror Discussion, Meacham
12:00-1:00: Paterson will talk and allow a Q&A session, Meacham.
All of these events will have refreshments!
This is a wonderful opportunity to meet of the best Children's authors alive today! DO NOT miss this opportunity! I am also bringing some flyers to the meeting with this information and so additional details.
Any questions, please direct them to me at [log in to unmask].
Enjoy and hope to see you on September 25th!
-Amanda