From: FOR THE MINORITIES AND COMMUNICATION DIV. OF AEJMC [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of E. K. Daufin
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 2:08 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Make panel name more accurate?

Dear Sharon – Would it be possible to make the, “Wisdom…” panel name more accurate and inclusive by saying either “Women and Minority Men Scholars,” or “White Women and Minority Scholars.”  Please would we ALL be willing to do this in the course of our scholarship, division and other work?  Remember the Monograph title controversy two years ago?  Remember the landmark research collection which is something like: All the Women are White; All the Minorities are Men; But Some of Us Are Brave which addresses this inequity and exclusion in its title?  Thanks for your consideration.

We sometimes have problems with our server rejecting incoming email. If your reply to this email is returned to you, PLEASE call me at the number below.   Apologies...We are working on it. Sincerely,

Rev. Dr. E-K. Daufin, Professor

Department of Communications

Alabama State University

915 South Jackson St.

Montgomery, AL 36101-0271

334.229.6885

Thank you in advance for your

Scholarly & Creative Activity Referrals -

Lectures, Performances, Workshops, Consultation Related Info: http://home.earthlink.net/~ekdaufin/