Feel free to contact me off-list if you have questions.

Jim

Midwestern State University's Mass Communication Department is accepting
applications for a full-time faculty member with a specialty in new
media technologies/integrated media for Fall 2008.  Courses will include
web design/publishing, publication design, graphics, and audio and video
streaming.  Candidates should possess knowledge of appropriate software
such as InDesign, Dream Weaver, Quark, iMovie, PowerPoint and related
programs; knowledge of the professional standards of mass media in the
incorporation of video, audio, text and graphics into story and visuals;
and knowledge of the ethical and societal implications of new
technologies.  Prior teaching or professional experience is required.
The ability to teach computer-assisted reporting and/or basic speech
courses and/or photojournalism will be a plus.  A master's degree in a
related field is required for the rank of instructor.  A doctorate or
appropriate terminal degree is preferred and will be necessary for the
rank of assistant professor on tenure track.  The salary will be
commensurate with the successful candidate's experience.  Finalists will
undergo a criminal background check.  The department offers a variety of
courses across the discipline leading to a broad mass communication
degree.  We are highly student-oriented, and faculty are expected to be
accessible to the students.  Midwestern State University, with a
Carnegie master's level I classification, has about 6,000 students.
Submit a cover letter highlighting your experience and career goals,
C.V., and contact information for at least three references to Professor
Jim Gorham, search committee chair, Midwestern State University, B125
Fain Fine Arts Center, Wichita Falls, Texas, 76308. [log in to unmask]
http://finearts.mwsu.edu/masscomm.  Review of applications will begin in
mid-February, but applications will be accepted until the position is
filled.  EEO/ADA compliance employer.

Dr. Jim Sernoe

Midwestern State University

Chair, Mass Communication Department

"When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me."

     Author Unknown