Feel free to contact me off-list if you have questions.

Jim

Midwestern State University’s Mass Communication Department is accepting applications for a full-time faculty member with a specialty in new media technologies/integrated media for Fall 2008.  Courses will include web design/publishing, publication design, graphics, and audio and video streaming.  Candidates should possess knowledge of appropriate software such as InDesign, Dream Weaver, Quark, iMovie, PowerPoint and related programs; knowledge of the professional standards of mass media in the incorporation of video, audio, text and graphics into story and visuals; and knowledge of the ethical and societal implications of new technologies.  Prior teaching or professional experience is required.  The ability to teach computer-assisted reporting and/or basic speech courses and/or photojournalism will be a plus.  A master's degree in a related field is required for the rank of instructor.  A doctorate or appropriate terminal degree is preferred and will be necessary for the rank of assistant professor on tenure track.  The salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience.  Finalists will undergo a criminal background check.  The department offers a variety of courses across the discipline leading to a broad mass communication degree.  We are highly student-oriented, and faculty are expected to be accessible to the students.  Midwestern State University, with a Carnegie master’s level I classification, has about 6,000 students.  Submit a cover letter highlighting your experience and career goals, C.V., and contact information for at least three references to Professor Jim Gorham, search committee chair, Midwestern State University, B125 Fain Fine Arts Center, Wichita Falls, Texas, 76308. [log in to unmask]http://finearts.mwsu.edu/masscomm.  Review of applications will begin in mid-February, but applications will be accepted until the position is filled.  EEO/ADA compliance employer.

Dr. Jim Sernoe

Midwestern State University

Chair, Mass Communication Department

"When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me."

     Author Unknown