Re: OWP 30th souvenir koozie for water bottle An excellent thought, Dana. Maybe something craftily made from our already-in-home-but-not-much-used stuff will serve as well? Mike Angelotti

On 3/18/08 5:28 PM, "Loy, Dana" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear OWP Friends,

I appreciate the work that people have done on this, but before we make the order, let's stop and ask if the world really needs more koozies. At my house, we have a few of them stashed in a drawer. I bet you have some, too.

Maybe part of our responsibility, in all of our organizations--schools, churches, sports, and today, OWP--is to recognize that little plastic doodads, from their production to their disposal, are bad for the environment. Koozies might be fun, sort of, and they help get our name out there. But in the end, shouldn't we stop using stuff like that?

Dana Loy

From: Oklahoma Writing Project [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kay [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 3:53 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Fw: OWP 30th souvenir koozie for water bottle

----- Original Message -----
From: Vivian Nida<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> ; [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> ; Kay Bishop<mailto:[log in to unmask]> ; priscilla griffith<mailto:[log in to unmask]> ; Sandra Effinger<mailto:[log in to unmask]> ; Sonia Gensler<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2008 11:47 AM
Subject: OWP 30th souvenir koozie for water bottle

Dear OWP committee,
Oriental Trading Company has this water bottle koozie.  We could get red or back and put the OWP logo on in white.  $1.60 each for 150.  Minimum order of $50.
Let me know what you think.  We could give these and journals at the writing marathon and then have koozies and journals at the banquet for those who did not
attend the marathon.
Vivian

Koozie Collapsible Bottle Cooler
[http://image.orientaltrading.com/otcimg/80_7076.jpg?resize(250x250)]