this may be of interest to some Ourmedia members:

---

WITNESS uses video and online technologies to open the eyes of the world to human rights violations. We empower people to transform personal stories of  abuse into powerful tools for justice, promoting public engagement and policy change.

Human rights organizations are increasingly interested in employing video to advance and strengthen their advocacy. But most groups are not equipped or experienced enough to make the most of video and other forms of media. WITNESS collaborates with NGOs worldwide - our "partners" - to bridge the gap between conventional campaigns and campaigns that incorporate video into advocacy to accelerate the process of human rights reform.

Since there are many more innovative human rights groups that seek WITNESS' support each year than we can work with directly, we have a multi-prong approach intended to simultaneously enhance the depth and breadth of our work, consisting of the Core Partners<http://www.witness.org/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=59> portfolio, the broader WITNESS Partner Network<http://www.witness.org/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=56>, and the Seeding Video Advocacy<http://www.witness.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=30&Itemid=64> initiative of short-term trainings.

Please note: WITNESS is a nonprofit organization, not a grant-making foundation. We do not provide cash grants to our partners.

Core Partners

To achieve the greatest impact, WITNESS focuses on providing intensive support for a maximum of 13-15 Core Partners in a given year. This Core consists of campaign-specific relationships of 1-3 years in length designed to achieve high impact and visibility. Since partnerships are staggered in length and stage of involvement, the Core Partner portfolio is constantly rejuvenated as concrete goals are achieved and new challenges undertaken. We invite you to read more about our Core Partnership<http://www.witness.org/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=59> program and about our current Core Partners.

*We are currently looking for new partner applications from organizations and coalitions campaigning on human rights in Asia Pacific. While applications are accepted on a rolling bases, we will prioritize those that come before 26 April 2008. Apply for Core Partnership here<http://www.witness.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=27&Itemid=59>

For more information: http://www.witness.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=6&Itemid=44