>From: "Beusterien, John" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Lauer, A Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 11:19:29 -0500
>Subject: Early Modern Image and Text Society (EMIT) Conference at Texas Tech
>
>Dear Robert:
>
>I hope all goes well with you.  Could you
>announce the following on the listserv?
>
>John
>
>Dear All:
>
>I would like to invite proposals for papers and
>panels for a conference to be held at Texas Tech
>University on October 23 – 25, 2008.  Please
>distribute the call for papers to those that you
>feel might be interested in submitting a proposal.
>
>“Death in Images and Words: The Case of the
>Early Modern Hispanic World” promises to bring
>together scholars that specialize in the fields
>of Art History, Literature, and Culture with
>special emphasis on the Spanish-speaking world from 1492 – 1900.
>
>Carolyn Dean (Department of History of Art and
>Visual Culture, University of California, Santa
>Cruz),  Dana Leibsohn (Department of Art, Smith
>College) and John Beverley (Department of
>Hispanic Languages and Literatures, University
>of Pittsburgh) have agreed to be the keynote speakers.
>
>An art exhibition related to the theme of death
>will be held in conjunction with the
>conference.  The exhibition will feature
>Hispanic/Latino artists from across the United States.
>
>For those interested participants, I am planning
>to submit a collection of the essays as a book proposal.
>
>Constance Cortez of the School of Art and I look
>forward to your proposals.  Please submit by April 25, 2008.
>Sincerely,
>
>John Beusterien
>Associate Professor of Spanish
>Graduate Spanish Page:
><http://www.languages.ttu.edu/spanish/graduate/>http://www.languages.ttu.edu/spanish/graduate/
>Department of Classical and Modern Languages
>Texas Tech University
>P.O. Box 42071
>Lubbock, Texas 79409-2071
>Office: 806-742-3145 X270
>Fax: 806-742-3306

Prof. A. Robert Lauer
The University of Oklahoma
Dept. of Modern Langs.,  Lits., & Ling.
780 Van Vleet Oval, Kaufman Hall, Room 206
Norman, Oklahoma 73019-2032, USA
Tel.: 405/325-5845 (office); 405/325-6181 (OU
dept.); Fax: 405/325-0103 (OU dept.)
Vision: Harmonious collaboration in an international world.
Mission: "Visualize clearly and communicate promptly"
<http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/L/A-Robert.R.Lauer-1/vita.html>VITA
/ <http://www.peterlang.com/all/>IBÉRICA /
<http://www.ou.edu/bcom/>BCom /
<http://www.ou.edu/cervantes/coloquiocervantes.html>Coloquio