From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Lauer, A Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 13:43:58 -0500
Subject: Fall Conference at the University of Chicago

Dear Professor Lauer,

Allow me to introduce myself.  My name is James Nemiroff and I am a graduate
student here at the Department of Romance Languages at the University of
Chicago and a student of  Professor Frederick de Armas.  I write to you as chair
of  the Graduate Student Conference Organizing Committee for our Department.
I attach the call for papers for our  2008 conference entitled "Myth and
Mythmaking in Iberian and  Luso-Hispanic Literatures" which will occur at the
Franke Institute for the Humanities at the University of Chicago October 31-
November 1, 2008.  We welcome abstracts  and panel proposals from students
and faculty specializing  in all subfields within Hispanic Literatures. We have
extended the deadline for submissions until Monday June 30.  Professor De
Armas informs  me that you maintain a list-serv for Golden Age faculty and
students.  If you could forward the call for papers to this list, that would be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your attention and best wishes,

James Nemiroff
On behalf of the Conference Organizing Committee

Prof. A. Robert Lauer
The University of Oklahoma
Dept. of Modern Langs.,  Lits., & Ling.
780 Van Vleet Oval, Kaufman Hall, Room 206
Norman, Oklahoma 73019-2032, USA
Tel.: 405/325-5845 (office); 405/325-6181 (OU dept.); Fax: 405/325-0103 (OU dept.)
Vision: Harmonious collaboration in an international world.
Mission: "Visualize clearly and communicate promptly"
VITA / IBÉRICA / BCom / Coloquio Cervantes / Coloquio Teatro de los Siglos de Oro