From: Tom Lathrop <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Lauer, A Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 12:48:29 -0500
Subject: Cervantes Society Bulletin 28.1
x-originalarrivaltime: 10 Jul 2008 17:48:33.0351 (UTC)
 FILETIME=[2BE5FD70:01C8E2B5]
x-originating-ip: [96.245.69.231]
x-originating-email: [[log in to unmask]]
seal-send-time: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 13:48:30 -0400

Dear Robert,

Would you send the notice below to everyone on your list? I'd greatly appreciate it. Hey, you're not on the list!

Cordially and with thanks,

Tom

The Spring number of volume 28 of the Cervantes Society Bulletin was sent to active members about a week ago.  If you are an acitive member, dues paid through 2008, you should have it, or should get it soon. I enclose--under the Table of Contents--a list of active members, so you can check to see if you are up-to-date. If you need to re-up, be advised that we have a new Tresaurer (Carolyn Nadeau; Buck 015; Illinois Wesleyan University; Bloomington, Illinois 61701). Subscription rates have been raised a bit to $25.00. Checks should be made out to Cervantes Society of America. We will send the current number to those who re-up.

This is the first time color has been used in the interior of the Bulletin--screen prints to show how to use Joan Torruella's CD of the Quijote. Lots of useful, interesting stuff in this number!

Table of Contents, Spring 2008

El Quijote
, al miscoscopio -- Joan Torruella

«Cuenta del original» y remedios de cajista en la princeps del primer Quijote -- Florencio Sevilla Arroyo

To See What Men Cannot: Teichoskopia in Don Quijote I -- Frederick A. De Armas

Ut pictura non poesis. Los trabajos de Persiles y Sigismunda and the Construction of Memory -- Ignacio Lopez Alemany

De los osos seas comido: Sancho Panza as Intruder in the Discourse of the Hunt -- Michael Hammer

Ínsula de buen gobierno: el palimpsesto guevariano en "Las Constituciones del gran gobernador Sancho Panza" -- Horacio Chiong Rivero

Notes on the Æthiopica, the Lives of Homer,  and the Name "Don Quixote de la Mancha" -- Eric Mayer

Review Article

A Fascinating, though Flawed, Cultural Journey through Quijote II -- Mary L. Cozad

Reviews

Louise Ciallella. Quixotic Modernists: Reading Gender in Tristana, Trigo, and Martínez Sierra.  -- Edward H. Friedman

Stanislav Zimic. Cuentos y episodios del Persiles. De la isla bárbara a una apoteosis del amor humano. -- Isabel Lozano-Renieblas

Cervantes, Miguel de. Don Quijote de la Mancha. -- Howard Mancing

Francisco Rico.El texto del "Quijote":  Preliminares a una ecdótica del Siglo de Oro. -- Howard Mancing

John Beusterien. An Eye on Race. Perspectives from Theater in Imperial Spain. -- Susan Paun de García

José Ángel Ascunce Arrieta. El Quijote como tragedia y la tragedia de don Quijote. -- Shannon M. Polchow

El
Quijote hoy: La riqueza de su recepción. Eds. Klaus-Dieter Ertler and Alejandro Rodríguez Díaz. -- Michael Scham

Zenón Luis-Martínez and Luis Gómez Canseco, eds. Entre Cervantes y Shakespeare: sendas del Renacimiento/ Between Shakespeare and Cervantes: Trails along the Renaissance. -- Robert S. Stone

Miguel de Cervantes. Don Quixote. Trans. Tom Lathrop. -- Michael J. McGrath

Active Members through 2008

Abril-Sanchez, Jorge

Aladro, Jorge

Alfieri, Amy Pettigrew

Allen, John J. and P. Finch

Almeida, Jose

Altamirano, Magdalena

Anderson, Ellen

Baena, Julio

Bailon Blancas, Jose Manuel

Baras Escola, Alfredo

Barbagallo, Antonio

Barnard, Mary E.

Beardsley, Theodore S.

Boruchoff, David A.

Brown, Russell V.

Burk, Rachel

Burningham, Bruce R.

Byrne, Susan

Cammarata, Joan F.

Canavaggio, Jean

Carreno-Rodriguez, Antonio

Close, Anthony J.

Collins, Marsha S.

Connor, Catherine

Copeland, John

Cozad, Mary Lee

Creel, Bryant

Da Costa Fontes, Manuel

Damjanovic, Anita

Davis, Nina C.

de Armas, Frederick A.

DiSalvo, Angelo J.

Dominguez, Julia

Dominguez, Ivo

Dudley, Edward J.

Ellis, Bradford

Ellis, Jon

Federici, Mario

Felkel, Robert W.

Fernandez, Maria A.

Fernandez, Esther

Fernández, Jaime, S.J.

Fernandez-Morera, Dario

Fiero, David B.

Fine, Ruth

Finello, Dominick

Flores, R.M.

Fox, Douglas

Frenk, Profesora Margit

Friedman, Edward H.

Gasta, Chad M./ Julia Dominguez

Gerli, E. Michael

Gil, Juan Pablo

Gingras, Gerald L.

Grefer, Victoria

Grilli, Giuseppe

Hahn, Juergen S.

Haley, George

Harllee, Carol

Hegstrom, Valerie & Dale Pratt

Hendrickson sj, D. Scott

Holdsworth, Carole A.

Hultgren, Russell Wm.

Hutchinson, Steven & M. Alcalá Galán

Jaksic, Iván

Johnston, Robert M.

Joy, Michael

Juarez, Encarnacion

Kartchner, Eric J.

Kenworthy, Patricia

King, Willard

Kirby, Carol Bingham

Knight, Sharon E.

Laguna, Ana

Lathrop, Thomas A.

Lerner, Isaías & Lía Schwartz

Lopez Navia, Santiago A.

Lukens-Olson, Carolyn

Luttikhuizen, Frances

Mallorqui-Ruscalleda, Enric

Mancing, Howard

Manning, Patricia

Márquez Raffetto, Tamara

Martin, Vincent

Martín, Adrienne L.

Martínez Torrón, Diego

Mayer, Eric D.

Mayrhofer, Franz J.

Meixelle, Amanda S.

Mi ana, Rogelio

Montauban, Jannine

Mr. Masami, Otsuji

Murillo, Luis A.

Muzquiz-Guerreiro, Darlene

Nadeau, Carolyn A.

Naylor, Eric W.

Nishida, Emma

Oliver, Walter C.

Pabon, Tomas

Parr, James A.

Paun de García, Susan

Penas-Llorente, Claudio

Perez Villanueva, Sonia

Perez, Karen

Polchow, Shannon

Presberg, Charles

Redondo, Augustín

Reed, Cory A.

Rivers, Elias

Rodriguez-Guridi, Elena

Rodríguez-Luis, Julio

Rotella, Pilar

Ruta, María Caterina

Saddler, James

Saitou, Ayako

Sears, Theresa

Selig, Karl-Ludwig

Shipley, George

Silveira, Jorge A.

Simerka, Barbara

Sliwa, Krzysztof

Stallings-Ward, Judith

Steinbaugh, Gregory E.

Stroud, Matthew

Swislocki, Marsha

Syverson-Stork, Jill A.

Taddeo, Sara Anne

ter Horst, Robert

Urbina, Eduardo

Vallely, Charles J.

Veguez. Roberto

Velez, Harry

Verano, Louis F.

Vetterling, Mary-Anne

Vollendorf, Lisa

Wagschal, Steve

Weber, Alison P.

Weimer, Christopher B.

Williamsen, Amy

Worden, William

Wyszynski, Matthew A.

Yamada, Yumiko

Zuese, Alicia R.

Cordially,

Tom Lathrop
Editor, Bulletin of the Cervantes Society of America, 2008-
http://users.ipfw.edu/jehle/cervante/csapage.htm

Prof. A. Robert Lauer
The University of Oklahoma
Dept. of Modern Langs.,  Lits., & Ling.
780 Van Vleet Oval, Kaufman Hall, Room 206
Norman, Oklahoma 73019-2032, USA
Tel.: 405/325-5845 (office); 405/325-6181 (OU dept.); Fax: 405/325-0103 (OU dept.)
Vision: Harmonious collaboration in an international world.
Mission: "Visualize clearly and communicate promptly"
VITA / IBÉRICA / BCom / Coloquio Cervantes / Coloquio Teatro de los Siglos de Oro