I came across this at work today. Thought I would pass it along in case any
of you might be interested:

website:
http://www.pioneer.lib.ok.us/PLS/111-Press/719-writing-contest-for-students

Even though it isn't fiction, it still highlights the importance of our
First Amendment rights....which, as writers, we are all grateful for. Plus
you can win money...

Oklahoma high school and undergraduate college students are invited to enter
the 2008 First Amendment Congress Essay Contest, sponsored by Freedom of
Information Oklahoma <http://www.foioklahoma.org/>.

It's an election year, so the 2008 essay theme is "Vote for Freedom":

*Discuss how exercising your right to vote protects your First Amendment
rights. Approach your essay from the standpoint of any or all of the
freedoms guaranteed by the First Amendment. Students are encouraged to do
factual research on the topic, but to write creatively and personally,
rather than write a report. Entries should be about 500 words, typed
double-space. *

Entries must be received by 5:00 pm, October 10.

E-mail, mail or fax to:
Linda Lynn
The Oklahoman
P.O. Box 25125
Oklahoma City OK 73125
Fax: 405-475-3971, Attn: Linda Lynn
E-mail: [log in to unmask] This e-mail address is being protected from
spambots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

Your entry must include:
• Your name
• Name of your school
• Your mailing address
• Contact phone number
• Your e-mail address, if you have one

The contest is divided between high school students and under- graduate
college students. Cash prizes will be awarded to the first-, second- and
third-place winners in each category. First prize is $300, second place will
receive $200, and third place will win $100.
Essay winners will be recognized and receive their prizes during the Tenth
Annual First Amendment Congress October 22 and 23. For more information
about the contest, contact Linda Lynn at (405) 475-3676.

Oklahoma's Tenth Annual First Amendment
Congress<http://www.odl.state.ok.us/fyi/foi/>will be held October 22
at the University of Central Oklahoma in Edmond and
October 23 at The Oklahoman building in Oklahoma City
For more information, contact:
FOI Oklahoma, Inc.
P.O. Box 2408 • Edmond, OK 73083
Phone: 405-341-3169 • Fax: 405-341-3173
Kay Bickham, Executive Director • [log in to unmask] This e-mail