Dear Colleagues in Environmental Sciences and Interested in the
Environment

There is a local conference coming up that the Alabama Sierra Club is
paying half of the costs for interested participants.  You don't have to
be a member.

Sierra's  statement of purpose is: To explore, enjoy and PROTECT the
wild places of the earth; To practice and promote the RESPONSIBLE use of
the earth's resources; To educate and enlist humanity to PROTECT the
quality of the environment; And to use all LAWFUL means to carry out
these objectives.

Please note the capitalized words "Protect, "Responsible", and "Lawful".
They are not a Greenpeace or eco terrorist organization as some
misinformed folks think.

Below is part of the message Tom Hodges sent out about the opportunity:

Do you have an interest in our rivers, lakes, bays, wetlands, beaches,
forests, mountains, wildlife, wild flowers, endangered species, hiking,
camping or just nature and the outdoors in general? Would you like to
see air and water pollution reduced? Would you prefer managed,
sustainable development instead of rampant, uncontrolled,
overdevelopment?

The Sierra Club founded in 1892 is the oldest, largest, most effective,
best known environmental organization in the world. Sierra was green
long before green was cool!

Several years ago it was determined there were 57 different
environmental organizations just in Alabama's Baldwin and Mobile
counties alone. There were groups that focused on endangered species,
plants, rivers, wetlands, Bays, the Gulf, beaches, air and water
pollution, clear cutting, to name a few.

Wouldn't it be great if we could all work together? Wouldn't it be great
if there were just one group which supports all of these, as well as
many other environmental interests? Wouldn't it be advantageous if there
were one organization we could throw our collective efforts and finances
behind? Wouldn't it be even better if this were a 116 year old
organization known and respected worldwide?

Won't you check Sierra out?  To learn more go to
www.sierraclub.org./welcome. It will tell you everything about Sierra.
Why not learn more by attending Sierra's annual retreat Nov. 15 -16 at
the beautiful 4 H Camp on Lay Lake near Columbiana? Non members are
invited and the state chapter is paying one half of the cost. All the
details can be found by clicking on Places and Alabama. Then click on
News Letters then October, and then click on Retreats to view the 4H
camp website.

Tom Hodges

192 Morningside Dr.

Guntersville, AL. 35976-8474    256-582-2593

Know Justice, Know Peace,

Rev. Dr. E-K. Daufin, Professor of Communication

ASU FSA Co-VP for Faculty, AEJMC MAC Officer

Alabama State University, 915 S. Jackson St.

Montgomery, AL 36101-0271 PH:334-229-6885

Thanks in advance for your research & creative activity referrals:
http://home.earthlink.net/~ekdaufin

With all my  heart I want work that I love; for abundant pay; in a
beautiful, functional, comfortable environment; with/for kind,
competent, happy, supportive people who love, enjoy and appreciate me
and I they. Ashe.

Confidentiality Notice: Unless otherwise noted, this e-mail message,
including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.