Some MACers have asked for the comments I sent to the university
employees regarding the link controversy so here they are:

I agree 100% that we should not and must not use the lists for partisan
messages and partisan purposes.  I hope no one will do that again so
that we all get to keep using the list for appropriate purposes!  I
understand that there is a clear need to explain our thinking of our
NON-partisan purposes too.

Perhaps if I had received the same link but with a different message and
purpose from a communication media, or public relations, or political
science, or marketing, or recording industry colleague with a clear
academic purpose for analysis rather than as a persuasive message to
everyone to send to everyone else, it may have been appropriate.  But it
was not.  I agree too that it IS appropriate as educators to  encourage
people to register, or to encourage people to educate themselves on the
issues,  or to encourage people to vote.

Though inappropriate, I do not see how this message in anyway insults or
lacks respect for the Office of the President.  That seems to be an
angry partisan response to a regrettably inappropriate partisan message.

Know Justice, Know Peace,

Rev. Dr. E-K. Daufin

Know Justice, Know Peace,

Rev. Dr. E-K. Daufin

Professor of Communication, ASU FSA Co-VP for Faculty

Alabama State University, 915 S. Jackson St.

Montgomery, AL 36101-0271 PH:334-229-6885

Thanks in advance for your research & creative activity referrals:
http://home.earthlink.net/~ekdaufin

With all my  heart I want work that I love; for abundant pay; in a
beautiful, functional, comfortable environment; with/for kind,
competent, happy, supportive people who love, enjoy and appreciate me
and I they. Ashe.

Confidentiality Notice: Unless otherwise noted, this e-mail message,
including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.