>From: Dominick Finello <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Lauer, A Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 16:28:52 -0500
>
>Dear Prof. Lauer:
>Kindly include in your infomail the publication of my book:
>Thank you,
>Dominick Finello
>Brooklyn College, The City University of New York
>
>Arizona Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies
>Arizona State University, P.O. Box 874402, Tempe, AZ 85287-4402
>Phone:  (480) 965-5900  Fax: (480) 965-1681
>
>The Evolution of the Pastoral Novel in Early Modern Spain
>Dominick Finello
>The Evolution of the Spanish Pastoral Novel in
>Early Modern Spain recasts the role of the
>pastoral novel in the intellectual life of the
>Spain after the initial impact of the Dianas.
>Spanish pastoral novels published from 1570
>onward are crucial in reconstructing Spain’s
>intellectual history and modernity. Pastorals of
>Cervantes, Lope de Vega, Gálvez de Montalvo,
>Lofrasso, González de Bobadilla, Mercader,
>Corral, Suárez de Figueroa, Balbuena, and
>related eclogues and festival literature, will
>show that the genre became more than a resource
>for neoplatonic thinking and the idealization of
>country life. Still to be discovered in its
>entirety, the Spanish pastoral novel was a
>springboard for literary academies and poetic
>competitions renewing Castilian poetics for the
>essential concerns of artistic reception, the
>conception of innovative generic forms, the
>power of the writer in a hierarchical society
>and, ultimately, the novel’s bold new sense of literary self-consciousness.
>(ISBN: 978-0-86698-401-0 / MR 353)

Prof. A. Robert Lauer
The University of Oklahoma
Dept. of Modern Langs.,  Lits., & Ling.
780 Van Vleet Oval, Kaufman Hall, Room 206
Norman, Oklahoma 73019-2032, USA
Tel.: 405/325-5845 (office); 405/325-6181 (OU
dept.); Fax: 405/325-0103 (office)
Vision: Harmonious collaboration in an international world.
Mission: "Visualize clearly and communicate promptly"
<http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/L/A-Robert.R.Lauer-1/vita.html>VITA
/ <http://www.peterlang.com/all/>IBÉRICA /
<http://www.ou.edu/bcom/>BCom /
<http://www.ou.edu/cervantes/coloquiocervantes.html>Coloquio