Below & attached if possible at this late date.  I sent an earlier message out with additional info but it didn’t go through and I don’t have time to re-research and post now. Panel Title: The Media and the Barack Obama Campaign

Know Justice, Know Peace,

Rev. Dr. E-K. Daufin, Professor of Communication

ASU FSA Co-VP for Faculty, AEJMC MAC Officer

Alabama State University, 915 S. Jackson St.

Montgomery, AL 36101-0271 PH:334-229-6885

Thanks in advance for your research & creative activity referrals: http://home.earthlink.net/~ekdaufin

With all my  heart I want work that I love; for abundant pay; in a beautiful, functional, comfortable environment; with/for kind, competent, happy, supportive people who love, enjoy and appreciate me and I they. Ashe.

Confidentiality Notice: Unless otherwise noted, this e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

AEJMC Minorities And Communication Division

2009 Annual Conference Panel Proposal

 1.  Session Type: PF& R - (Media criticism and

accountability, racial, gender and cultural inclusiveness, and public

service), OR Research - (We will be presenting research using different

methodological approaches, theoretical frameworks.)

2.  Potential Co-Sponsors: Entertainment (Obama was on many TV entertainment shows); News, Radio & Television Public Relations

3.  Panel Title: The Media and the Barack Obama Campaign

4.  Panel Description/Summary (limit to one or two paragraphs).

Barack Obama is said to have waged a near perfect media campaign to become our first African American president.  Dozens of music videos both pro and con Obama were posted to You Tube from the famous and the nameless.  Obama made several media reform campaign promises that will also be analyzed.

5.  Possible Panelists

A.  Rev. Dr. E-K. Daufin, Professor, Alabama State University, (MAC Division Officer, CSW) will look at the framing of Barack Obama in pre and post election YouTube music videos.

6.  Moderator/Presiding/Respondent:

7.  Audio/Visual Needs, an internet accessed computer and projector (in large rooms) with streaming capability and power point able,

8.  Session Contact (name, institution, department, title, mailing

address, work phone, alternative phone, and e-mail).

Rev. Dr. E-K. Daufin

Professor of Communication, ASU FSA Co-VP for Faculty

Alabama State University

915 S. Jackson St.

Montgomery, AL 36101-0271

Thanks in advance for your research & creative activity referrals:

http://home.earthlink.net/~ekdaufin

(O)334.229.6885

(H)334.270.8052

[log in to unmask] (Aug. - May)

([log in to unmask] late May to late July ONLY)

E-K. Daufin conducts research, teaches and performs original Spoken Word poetry in the areas of mass communication and ethnicity/race/gender/alternative religions/body image/ecology/public speaking & oral interpretation.

9. Complete Contact Information for Each Presenter