Once the writing's done, folks, sometimes it's as simple as putting your work in front of an editor.

DC

Begin forwarded message:

From: Mel Odom <[log in to unmask]>
Date: November 14, 2008 6:34:03 PM CST
To: "Chester, Deborah A." <[log in to unmask]>, "Loyd, Alyssa R." <[log in to unmask]>, "Frost, Amy E." <[log in to unmask]>, "Ling, Chuan-Yao" <[log in to unmask]>, "Hambric, Greg A." <[log in to unmask]>, Heather Erwin <[log in to unmask]>, "Hall, Janica L." <[log in to unmask]>, "Lada, Jessica L." <[log in to unmask]>, "Coats, Kristyna M." <[log in to unmask]>, "Lee, Dianne S." <[log in to unmask]>, "Allgood, Lindsey L." <[log in to unmask]>, Maria Arney <[log in to unmask]>, "Washburn, Andrea K." <[log in to unmask]>, Ryan Daly <[log in to unmask]>, "Cole, Sarah E." <[log in to unmask]>, Sarah Wangen <[log in to unmask]>, "Lewis, Tuscaney J." <[log in to unmask]>, "Allen, John T." <[log in to unmask]>, Zack Williams <[log in to unmask]>, "Brunkhorst, Kelly A." <[log in to unmask]>, 'Pam' <[log in to unmask]>, "Rodgers, Shawnda M." <[log in to unmask]>, 'Shawnda Rodgers' <[log in to unmask]>, "Sellers, Tyler W." <[log in to unmask]>, "Terry, Bekah L." <[log in to unmask]>, "Siess, Benjamin J." <[log in to unmask]>, "Murff, Brian C." <[log in to unmask]>, "Shuler, Christina R." <[log in to unmask]>, "Ford, Cole W." <[log in to unmask]>, "SIMS, JELANI L." <[log in to unmask]>, 'Kacy' <[log in to unmask]>, 'Kelsey' <[log in to unmask]>, "West, Kyle G." <[log in to unmask]>, "Carney, Matthew A." <[log in to unmask]>, 'Matt W.' <[log in to unmask]>, "Mc Cracken, Megan D." <[log in to unmask]>, 'Mel' <[log in to unmask]>, 'Sara N.' <[log in to unmask]>, "Gray, Sarah J." <[log in to unmask]>, 'Scott Carter' <[log in to unmask]>, "Rasch, Stephanie D." <[log in to unmask]>, "Holland, Will J." <[log in to unmask]>, "Kohut, Adam D." <[log in to unmask]>, Amanda Bittle <[log in to unmask]>, "Wood, Benjamin M." <[log in to unmask]>, "Smith, Brendan T." <[log in to unmask]>, "Burns, Brian S." <[log in to unmask]>, Daniel Haymes <[log in to unmask]>, David Miller <[log in to unmask]>, "Hart, Stephen E." <[log in to unmask]>, "Brewer, Graham L." <[log in to unmask]>, "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>, "Light, Jordan C." <[log in to unmask]>, "Parker, Katherine R." <[log in to unmask]>, "Tally, Katherine G." <[log in to unmask]>, "Karch, Kendall A." <[log in to unmask]>, "Theissen, Logan J." <[log in to unmask]>, "Losson, Amber M." <[log in to unmask]>, "Madeiro, Matthew C." <[log in to unmask]>, "Morsman, Malisa R." <[log in to unmask]>, "Heald, Megan T." <[log in to unmask]>, "Morgan, Megan L." <[log in to unmask]>, Mikee Staton <[log in to unmask]>, "Moxley, Morgen R." <[log in to unmask]>, "Williams, Nathan M." <[log in to unmask]>, "Beyersdoerfer, Tamela J." <[log in to unmask]>, "Palmer, Tera A." <[log in to unmask]>, "Bennett, Timothy D." <[log in to unmask]>, "Hardage, Tyler L." <[log in to unmask]>, "George, William F. Jr." <[log in to unmask]>, "Johnson, Briana N." <[log in to unmask]>, "Borthick, Christopher E." <[log in to unmask]>, "Freeman, Candace A." <[log in to unmask]>, "Evans, Gregory C." <[log in to unmask]>, "Pitchlynn, Hilary M." <[log in to unmask]>, "Hill, Sarah E." <[log in to unmask]>, 'Kendal' <[log in to unmask]>, "Carradini, Stephen A." <[log in to unmask]>, Amanda Theaker <[log in to unmask]>, "Smith, Aubrey L." <[log in to unmask]>, "Legako, Janeal A." <[log in to unmask]>, 'Kayle Barnes' <[log in to unmask]>, "Young, Royce P." <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: FW: RE: Article Query

Wow!  Can you believe a student sent her Intro homework to a magazine she’s interested in writing for and actually got an invitation and a chance to work with that magazine?  Who woulda thunk it?

And look at that streamlined and punchy cover letter!

Steph, congratulations on this, and I hope you find all the success you want with this endeavor.  But don’t forget there are other successes out there waiting.  Keep sending your homework out!

Mel