I concur.  In addition to a web tribute, perhaps AEJMC and MAC could
publish tributes in the convention program.  For the MAC tribute, it would
be nice to have a two-page format.  The tribute and a picture on the front
page, and a list of scholarship donors on the back page.  Donor recognition
may inspire  gifts and matching gifts amongst the likes of AEJMC, AEJMC
divisions, individuals, as well as JMC programs and organizations.  We
could even get really creative and list scholarship donors by categories
such as dream partners ($0-$99), vision partners ($100-$499), and legacy
partners $500 - $1000 or more...perhaps the PR people can be more
creative.  Moving forward, we could encourage repeat contributions as well
as new donors.  This initiative would honor the legacy of Dr. Lee and
address the decreasing scholarship value pointed up by Federico.  What are
your thoughts?

Camilla

At 06:42 AM 1/27/2009 -0500, Dates, Jannette L. wrote:

> [...]

Camilla Gant, Ph.D.
Director/Associate Professor
Mass Communications
University of West Georgia