Lawton is great with Medicine Park, wildlife refuge, buffalo, longhorn, mountains,  lakes, and Indian museums.  If not this time maybe something for future. Medicine Park has a growing group of guest cottages and lovely old quaint B&B's.  Old Plantation restaurant, old mining memorabilia. Buffalo Bistro and winery.  The folks are so friendly and I believe would love to host us sometime for some event.  We have old Fort Sill n the post quadrangle and original buildings all totally preserved.  Something to think about.
Lillian Johnson OWP'81

-----Original Message-----
From: Laurie Ward <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 11:29 am
Subject: Re: Writing Marathon

What about somewhere like Shawnee, Oklahoma?  I'm not aware of many OWP
consultants in that area.  It might be a way to recruit more people for the
future.  We could start at the Mabee Gerrer Museum and go to the depot, OBU and
St. Gregory's campus, etc....  Plus Sonic and Van's originated in Shawnee...Good
Eats!

Just an idea.  I like the small town idea too Dr. Griffith.  :)

Laurie Ward