From: E. K. Daufin
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 5:40 PM
To: Stringer, Sharon
Subject: local press on lecture

montgomeryadvertiser.com

February 23, 2009

Documentary adviser to speak at ASU

A consultant for an Emmy award winning TV documentary will speak Tuesday at the John L. Buskey Heath Sciences Building on the Alabama State University campus.

Dr. Larry Spruill, who was a historical and photographic adviser to the 1986 documentary "Eyes on the Prize," will speak and show clips from the film.

Spruill, a native of North Carolina and currently a teacher at Morehouse University, also was a consultant and commentator with Dr. Arthur Schlesinger for the British Broadcasting Corp.'s television documentary "Decisive Moments." This program examined the three most influential photographs of the 20th century. It was televised on BBC's global network as part of its analysis of the close of the 20th century and millennium.

The ASU department of communications is sponsoring the talk as part of the Ida B. Wells Lecture. It starts at 11 a.m.

-- Staff report

Know Justice, Know Peace,

Rev. Dr. E-K. Daufin, Professor of Communication

ASU FSA Co-VP for Faculty, AEJMC MAC Officer

Alabama State University, 915 S. Jackson St.

Montgomery, AL 36101-0271 PH:334-229-6885

Thanks in advance for your research & creative activity referrals: http://home.earthlink.net/~ekdaufin

With all my  heart I want work that I love; for abundant pay; in a beautiful, functional, comfortable environment; with/for kind, competent, happy, supportive people who love, enjoy and appreciate me and I they. Ashe.

Confidentiality Notice: Unless otherwise noted, this e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.