Media, Self-Esteem and Black Women documentary FYI

Know Justice, Know Peace,

Rev. Dr. E-K. Daufin, Professor of Communication

ASU FSA Co-VP for Faculty, AEJMC MAC Officer

Alabama State University, 915 S. Jackson St.

Montgomery, AL 36101-0271 PH:334-229-6885

Thanks in advance for your research & creative activity referrals: http://home.earthlink.net/~ekdaufin

With all my  heart I want work that I love; for abundant pay; in a beautiful, functional, comfortable environment; with/for kind, competent, happy, supportive people who love, enjoy and appreciate me and I they. Ashe.

Confidentiality Notice: Unless otherwise noted, this e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2009 1:17 PM
Subject: The Souls Of Black Girls...DVD

The Souls Of Black Girl

"Shopping For Charity"

The Souls Of Black Girls is a provocative news documentary that takes critical look at media images - how they are instituted, established and controlled. The documentary also examines the relationship between the historical and existing media images of women of color and raises the question of whether they may be suffering from a self image disorder as a result of trying to obtain the standard of beauty that are celebrated in media images. The documentary features candid interviews with young women discussing their self image and social commentary from Actresses Regina King Jada Pinkett Smith, PBS Washington Week Moderator Gwen Ifill, Rapper/Political Activist Chuck D, and Cultural Critic Michaela Angela Davis, among others...

For more information or to buy now, click here

This message was sent from Alice C. Leverette to [log in to unmask] It was sent from: ACL Global Network, LLC, 730 W. Columbia St, Springfield, Ohio 45504. You can modify/update your subscription via the link below.

Email Marketing Software

Manage your subscription

Share this message with others:   del.icio.us   Digg   reddit   Facebook   StumbleUpon