Dear Purchasing Card Holder,

In March 2008, our current Purchasing Card provider, GE Corporate Payment Services, was purchased by American Express.  As a result, we will be transitioning the University’s Purchasing Card program to American Express in March of 2009.

Your current Purchasing Card (MasterCard) will remain valid through March 28th, 2009 and will be inactivated the next day.

Purchasing will notify you of where and when to pick up your new card prior to the start of the new American Express program.  You may begin using your American Express card as soon as you activate it.  Once you begin, you should shred/destroy your GE MasterCard.  Please note that the American Express card account number (15 digits) is one digit shorter than the GE MasterCard account number (16 digits).  There is no action required by you until you receive your new card.

The migration plan includes the automatic transfer of remaining balances, credit limits, authorization parameters, past transactions, and historical information. Transactions made on either your MasterCard or your American Express account will be viewable online in SAM.  However, you may be prompted to update your User ID once your account has transitioned.

Due to the change over in cards, there will be some delay times in the coming weeks.  After Tuesday, February 10th there will be a freeze on all new applications, limit changes and replacement card requests.  Those abilities will become available again on Tuesday, March 2nd

We expect to receive excellent value from this relationship, and we will work hard with American Express to maximize that potential.  As always, please feel free to contact [log in to unmask] with any questions.

Thank you,

Jean Wilson

Associate Director, Purchasing