From: Ignacio Lopez [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2009 2:19 PM
To: Lauer, A Robert
Subject: A book cervantistas may want to consider

Hi Robert:
I am just writing to you because I just finished reading: Ana María G. Laguna, Cervantes and the Pictorial Imagination. A  Study  on the Power of Images and Images of Power in Works by  Cervantes.  Lewisburg: Bucknell, 2009.
I think it would be of intest to many scholars on your list because presents a fresh and well thought perspective. While most research on Cervantes's aesthetic and artistic models focuses on Italian and Spanish sources, this study expands this reference to include Flemish and Netherlandish cultural influence. I copy here the table of contents.

Sincerely,
Ignacio López Alemany
Acknowledgments
Introduction: Picturing Cervantes in the Spanish Golden Age
1.     Beyond Words: Cervantes and the Making of a Visual Culture.
2.     Dulcinea and the Quest of Beauty.
3.     Framing Dissidance: Flemish Aesthetics in El coloquio de los  perros.
4.     Charles V, Don Quixote, and the Art of Self-Glorification.
5.     Afterword: On Both Sides of the Tapestry.
Notes.
Works Cited.