Re: Claudia Swisher wins Medal for Excellence! Claudia, you are a good person beyond belief. And now the whole state knows it. Maybe I missed the celebration on the OWP hotwire, but last Friday’s Norman Transcript had a fantastic Claudia photo all over the front page to give notice to Claudia as the 2009 winner of the Oklahoma Medal for Excellence in secondary teaching. She was nominated by her principal, Jerry Winkler, who said his dream job would be to have a whole school full of Claudia Swishers. No doubt. Claudia’s dream job is what she is doing: five classes of “Reading for Pleasure.” Well, you can read the most laudatory article for the rest, including “Swisher’s reading recommendations.” A lovely person gets her due. Congratulations Claudia. Mike