The AFT represents more than 1.4 million higher education faculty and professional staff; pre-K through 12th-grade teachers; paraprofessionals and other school-related personnel; federal, state and local government employees; nurses and healthcare workers; and early childhood educators. Here's briefly what they say on the Healthcare Reform-Public Option.  For more information see www.aft.org<http://www.aft.org>.  For information on joining ASU's AFT contact me or Dr. Moten.
Rev. Dr. E-K. Daufin, Professor of Communication
National Media Weight Discrimation Expert
AEJMC MAC Divison Membership Chair
ASU Faculty/Staff Alliance - AFT  Co VP for Faculty
Alabama State University
915 South Jackson St.
Montgomery, AL 36101-0271
334-229-6885

With all my heart I want fulfilling work, for abundant pay, in a beautiful, functional environment, working with and for only talented, loving, cooperative, generous people who appreciate and respect me and I they. Ashe!

FOR RELEASE:
August 19, 2009
CONTACT:
Janet Bass
202/879-4554

Statement by Randi Weingarten,
President, American Federation of Teachers
On Healthcare Reform-Public Option

WASHINGTON-Healthcare reform must include a public option that provides the real competition needed to help control spiraling costs. Absent such cost containment, we will continue down a road in which high-quality healthcare is further out of reach for many Americans and in which everyone is adversely affected by the drain on our economy.

Healthcare reform needs to happen now, and it needs to take place in an atmosphere that allows for real discussion based on the facts about what is being proposed. An issue of this importance deserves nothing less.

The American Federation of Teachers will continue to support a comprehensive reform bill that makes quality healthcare accessible and affordable for all.

# # # #