On Sep 24, 2009, at 8:59 AM, "Deborah Chester" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Good morning, fellow writers!
Literacy Day was September 8.  However, many organizations across the US celebrate literacy during the whole month of September.  Although the month is nearly over, please be thinking of ways in which PWSA can contribute or participate in this vital area of need next year.

A few suggestions were made in Sunday's meeting for other ways in which we can help.  We certainly don't have to wait for a particular month of the year.

Remember, for those of you who want to make a career from writing, literacy matters.  Otherwise, who will read your work?

For those of you who don't intend to make a career from writing, literacy matters.

DC

Deborah Chester
John Crain Presidential Professor
Gaylord College of Journalism & Mass Communication
395 W. Lindsey Street
Norman, OK  73019
(405) 325-4192