I'm in.  This is exactly what I've dreamed of--working for the airlines while I write novels until I become the next Patterson/Pedersen.  I'll be going for this one (and praying they don't need me until after December 10th....)

Thanks for passing this along.

--Jocelyn

On Nov 10, 2009, at 3:38 PM, Deborah Chester wrote:

Hey, gang!
This looks like a terrific opportunity.

DC

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Amy E. Frost" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: November 10, 2009 1:43:56 PM CST
Subject: Tech Writing Internship

Hey guys!  Just thought I'd pass along that Southwest Airlines is going to have an internship position open for the Summer of 2010 in the Central Publications Department.  It's a technical writing position, but I interned in this department last summer and now I'm hired on as a full-time tech writer.  The internship positions are posted at http://www.southwest.com/careers/internships.html and the deadline to turn in applications is November 30.  Some employees from the People Department and myself will be at OU on Thursday for informational sessions at 11, 12, and 12:30 in the Traditions Room inside the Union.  Please pass along to anyone remotely interested, it's a fun internship, great job experience, and oh yeah, you get to fly for free over the summer.  :)

Feel free to pass along!

Take care!

--
Amy E. Frost
amyefrost.com

Deborah Chester
John Crain Presidential Professor
Gaylord College of Journalism & Mass Communication
395 W. Lindsey Street
Norman, OK  73019
(405) 325-4192