Hi Everybody,

Here's an activity that sounded like it was just up our alley--we like stories and drama and poetry and plays...right?  Want some free fodder for ideas for your own stories?

Norman North High School is looking for judges for the upcoming tournament that they're hosting on Feb. 27th (Sat.).

The more judges they have, the less time the tournament takes, but basically, they need judges from about 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.  I'll triple check those times for those interested in helping out.  They provide lunch for us free--yum--and a lounge to hang out in when you're not actively judging.

Basically, the competitive acting teams (and judges) rotate through classrooms to perform.  Categories include Humorous Interpretation (HI), Humorous Duet (HD), Dramatic Interpretation (DI), Poetry--humorous (I laughed my head off at The Piggy in the Puddle), and a couple other categories that I can't remember at this moment.

These competitions are fun to watch and a brief training session is provided so you won't feel thrown to the wolves.

If you would like to be part of this fun and exciting experience, please let me know ASAP.

If you're a member of an honor society of some sort, check and see if this will count for community service hours.  If it will, I can get you fixed up with a qualifying participation signature.

Contact people for more information include:
Jocelyn Pedersen 823-7674 [log in to unmask]
Emily Carter 651-4415 [log in to unmask]
Baily Hein (214) 909-8281

Hope to hear from you soon.

--Jocelyn