For the five people who aren't on Mel's list, I thought I'd share this.
DC

Begin forwarded message:

From: Mel Odom <[log in to unmask]>
Date: February 26, 2010 12:10:49 AM CST
To: 'Deborah Chester' <[log in to unmask]>, 'Alyssa Loyd' <[log in to unmask]>, 'Amy Frost' <[log in to unmask]>, 'Daniel Ling' <[log in to unmask]>, "Dossett, Alyssa R." <[log in to unmask]>, 'Greg Hambric' <[log in to unmask]>, 'Heather Erwin' <[log in to unmask]>, 'Intro To Professional Writing Fall '07', 'Janica Unruh' <[log in to unmask]>, 'Jessica Lada' <[log in to unmask]>, 'Kristyna Coats' <[log in to unmask]>, "'Lee, Dianne S.'" <[log in to unmask]>, 'Lindsey Leigh' <[log in to unmask]>, 'Maria Arney' <[log in to unmask]>, 'OU Novel Fall 2008', <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, 'Ryan Daly' <[log in to unmask]>, 'Sarah Cole' <[log in to unmask]>, 'Sarah Wangen' <[log in to unmask]>, 'Tuscaney Lewis' <[log in to unmask]>, 'Tyler Allen' <[log in to unmask]>, 'Zack Williams' <[log in to unmask]>, "A. J. Lansdale" <[log in to unmask]>, Aaron Gayle <[log in to unmask]>, "Autumn C. Huffman" <[log in to unmask]>, "Caitlin R. Schudalla" <[log in to unmask]>, Casey Wilson <[log in to unmask]>, "Christin N. Roy" <[log in to unmask]>, "Courtney P. Murphy" <[log in to unmask]>, Daniel Terracina <[log in to unmask]>, "Jaimie D. Krycho" <[log in to unmask]>, Jamie Birdwell <[log in to unmask]>, "Jennifer L. Stuart" <[log in to unmask]>, "Jerry W. Stegall" <[log in to unmask]>, "Jon W. Erbar" <[log in to unmask]>, Megan McCracken <[log in to unmask]>, Meghan Partain <[log in to unmask]>, Michael Kent <[log in to unmask]>, Natasha Goodell <[log in to unmask]>, "Robert J. Flippo" <[log in to unmask]>, Bekah Terry <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Murff <[log in to unmask]>, Callie Campbell <[log in to unmask]>, Chelsea Pavona <[log in to unmask]>, Christy Shuler <[log in to unmask]>, Dorathea Maynard <[log in to unmask]>, Evan Noble <[log in to unmask]>, Jelani Sims <[log in to unmask]>, Kacy Lewis <[log in to unmask]>, Kaylee Burton <[log in to unmask]>, Kelsey Marcussen <[log in to unmask]>, Kyle West <[log in to unmask]>, "M. Scott Carter" <[log in to unmask]>, Megan Chase <[log in to unmask]>, "Melissa R. Putman" <[log in to unmask]>, "Micah J. Black" <[log in to unmask]>, Nick Lawton <[log in to unmask]>, Ryan Bryant <[log in to unmask]>, Sara Norton <[log in to unmask]>, "Sarah E. Hill" <[log in to unmask]>, Sarahgray <[log in to unmask]>, Stephanie Rasch <[log in to unmask]>, Stephen Carradini <[log in to unmask]>, "Abigail F. Hess" <[log in to unmask]>, Amanda Bittle <[log in to unmask]>, Ben Wood <[log in to unmask]>, Brendan T.Smith <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Burns <[log in to unmask]>, Chelsea Young <[log in to unmask]>, David Miller <[log in to unmask]>, Graham Brewer <[log in to unmask]>, "Johnson, Briana N." <[log in to unmask]>, Jordan Light <[log in to unmask]>, Katie P. <[log in to unmask]>, Kendall Karch <[log in to unmask]>, "Kidd, Kyle T." <[log in to unmask]>, Logan Theissen <[log in to unmask]>, "Madeiro, Matthew C." <[log in to unmask]>, Mikee Staton <[log in to unmask]>, Morgen Moxley <[log in to unmask]>, Nathan Williams <[log in to unmask]>, Tami <[log in to unmask]>, Tyler Hardage <[log in to unmask]>, 'Benjamin' <[log in to unmask]>, 'Cole' <[log in to unmask]>, 'Matt C.' <[log in to unmask]>, 'Matt W.' <[log in to unmask]>, 'Megan M.' <[log in to unmask]>, 'Mel' <[log in to unmask]>, 'Will H.' <[log in to unmask]>, 'Amanda Theaker' <[log in to unmask]>, 'Aubrey Kinat' <[log in to unmask]>, 'J Legako' <[log in to unmask]>, 'Kayle Barnes' <[log in to unmask]>, 'Royce Young' <[log in to unmask]>, 'Shawnda Rodgers' <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: FW: BC/Technorati Newsletter #36: More Olympics, Plus Johnny Cash, Betty White, Toyota & More

FYI

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2010 10:25 PM
To: [log in to unmask]

For Immediate Release

If you're not writing for BC/Technorati yet, join us!

Become A Blogcritic
: If you love to write and want to increase your exposure and improve your craft in an exciting atmosphere, Technorati'sBlogcritics.org is the place for you. We are proud to count some of the web's best amateur and professional writers among our global membership of more than 2000 writers. Our "big tent" policy invites all points of view and the topics you can write about are limited only by your own interests and imagination. We offer access to review materials that cover all forms of media and entertainment, daily story ideas, and exciting interview opportunities; all this and more makes BC the perfect place for carving out a niche of your very own.

Become a Technorati Writer: Technorati has entered the next phase of its evolution: original content. Technorati features original content on the site written by bloggers just like you! This is an amazing opportunity to give your writing vast exposure, become known as an expert in your field/s of interest, and to join a vibrant writer community. Get in on the ground floor by signing up via the Technorati Contact Page. Select the "New: Technorati Writer Signup" option from the "Message Type" drop-down box. You will receive information and writing instructions as we get closer to launch date. We very much look forward to working with you!

Greetings Technorati members and BC Nation...

This week on Blogcritics our Olympic-sized coverage of the Winter Games in Vancouver continues with Matt Sussman's "big and brawny" Olympic curling preview, while Semprini ponders the implications of patriotism, nationalism, and the Olympics.

Elsewhere on BC, our crack team of reviewers continues our commitment to pointing our readers in all the right directions when it comes to what's hot and what's not. El Bicho checks out the latest from the Johnny Cash/Rick Rubin series of American Recordings: Aint' No Grave; Luigi Bastardo sinks his teeth into Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant on Blu-ray; and Nancy Fontaine reads Shankar Vendantam's The Hidden Brain.

All of that plus demographic myth-making, Microsoft Googling, and more await you this week at the mighty Blogcritics Magazine.

On BC:

Matt Sussman's Big Brawny Olympic Curling Preview

Semprini Comments on Patriotism, Nationalism, And The Olympics

Luigi Bastardo Takes a Bite Out of Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant On Blu-ray

The Foff Asks Is Google Becoming The New Microsoft?

Nancy Fontaine Reads Shankar Vendantam's The Hidden Brain

Wayfaring Stranger Reveals The Demographic Myths Of Our Self-Centered Age

El Bicho Listens to the Latest (and Last?) in Johnny Cash's American Series: Aint' No Grave

On Technorati:

The story you Dugg, Silicon Valley Offers "Bloom Box" Alternative Fuel Cell, has become popular, and your Digg helped it get there. See who else dugg and commented on this story by clicking on the story title. Thanks!

Toyota testifies! Team USA accumulates! Betty White triumphs! Twitter monetizes! And that's just a taste of what's in the headlines at Technorati this week.

What an exciting week in news — Technorati's Olympic coverage would make even Bob Costas jealous. In our ongoing Olympic coverage, Dawn Olsengives Russian men's figure skater Evgeni Plushenko the beatdown for being such a whiny little girl. Elsewhere, Bradford Schmidt predicts the coming of ads to Twitter, while Politics editor Matt Sussman thinks the liberal pundits could use a fresh dose of President Sarah Palin. Our reality TV expertAlicia Milan is keeping up with her American Idols. Christopher Califf ponders whether our dependence on the Internet is a good or bad thing.Bradford Schmidt explains how Facebook helped prompt an SNL Betty White appearance, and Don Martelli says Toyota's not just apologizing and testifying but offering some sweet deals (for the risk-takers out there).

Dawn Olsen: Is There An Olympic Medal for Being a Big Crybaby?

Matt Sussman: What the Liberal World Needs Now Is a President Sarah Palin

Alicia Milan Has the Lowdown on the Top 12 Women on American Idol

Christopher Califf Suggests Too Much Internet is Making Us Think Less

Bradford Schmidt: Are You Ready For Some Betty White SNL Hijinks?

Don Martelli with Toyota Mea Culpas and Some Hot Deals on Their Most Popular (and Dangerous) Models

Monetization in 140 characters or less? Bradford Schmidt Says Twitter Ads Are Coming

Watch out, readers! Technorati is so full of news and insight, we might spontaneously combust!

Whether it's Twitter, the Man In Black, or the Olympics, you'll find BC Magazine and Technorati is your gold-medal standard when it comes to the latest news, views, and reviews in music, movies, TV, books, sports, sci/tech, politics, culture, gaming, and so much more.

Our writers and editors bring you the latest and greatest from 360 degrees around the blogosphere and beyond. From our smoldering keyboards to your own screen at home, you can depend on Blogcritics being on it 24/7, 365 days a year.

Discover why millions of readers turn to Blogcritics Magazine each month. Blogcritics combines the independence and attitude of the blogosphere with the writing and editing standards of professional media, blending the best of both into a puree of ORIGINAL reading wonderfulness - Blogcritics is NOT an aggregator. But don't take our word for it. Take the Blogcritics challenge for yourself — the reading is great!

You should follow Blogcritics, Technorati, Twittorati on Twitter: musings and tweets from BC publisher Eric Olsen http://twitter.com/Blogcritics; complete feed of BC articles http://twitter.com/bcarticles; Technorati http://twitter.com/technorati; Twittorati http://twitter.com/twittoratinews

About Blogcritics

Technorati's Blogcritics.org is an online community of writers and readers from around the globe, delivering exceptional original, fully edited reviews, news, interviews, and commentary on all aspects of the popular arts as well as politics, social issues, technology and sports. Blogcritics is a Google and Yahoo News source and syndicates material to partners including Newstex, BlogBurst, Breitbart.com, Buy.com, and offers innumerable RSS feeds via FeedBurner.

Blogcritics.org has won numerous awards, including a Bloggie for best music site, Forbes.com's Best Media Blogs, and was featured in the prestigious AlwaysOn/Technorati "Open Media 100" list. The Blogcritics.org team includes founder/publisher and media veteran Eric Olsen, Technical Director Phillip Winn, Executive Editor Lisa McKay, and a team of more than 3000 writers and 25 editors.

We welcome your questions, suggestions, review materials, press releases, press inquiries, and the like.

About Technorati

Technorati was founded to help bloggers succeed by collecting, highlighting, and distributing the global online conversation. Founded as the first blog search engine, Technorati has expanded to a full service media company providing services to the blogs and social media sites and connecting them with advertisers who want to join the conversation, and whose online properties introduce blog content to millions of consumers.

The leading blog search engine, Technorati.com indexes millions of blog posts in real time and surfaces them in seconds. The site has become the definitive source for the top stories, opinions, photos and videos emerging across news, entertainment, technology, lifestyle, sports, politics and business. Technorati.com tracks not only the authority and influence of blogs, but also the most comprehensive and current index of who and what is most popular in the Blogosphere.

Best wishes,

Eric Olsen
Publisher
Blogcritics/Technorati
http://twitter.com/Blogcritics
http://twitter.com/bcarticles
(330) 562 - 4692
605 W. Acadia Pt
Aurora, OH 44202

Glen Boyd
Newsletter Editor
BC Asst Music Editor

To UPDATE your subscription preferences visit this link.

If you do not want to receive any more newsletters, visit this link to unsubscribe.

Powered
by PHPlist2.10.2, © tincan ltd