List Serv Manners

PWSA has two list servs which are managed for us by Kent Graham out of the kindness of his heart.  Kent says if anyone wants to take over the list serv management, he'll be happy to pass the baton.  Until then,  please review these simple points of etiquette so that we can  minimize inbox clutter.  And remember to be patient with your neighbors as we all learn this etiquette, as list servs are a new entity to some of us.  We'll all get there with a little instruction, practice and patience.

If you want to be removed from either of our list servs, please send an e-mail to [log in to unmask]

Thanks.
--Jocelyn Pedersen
PWSA President

PWA Talk Inside <[log in to unmask]>
Is for announcing PWA meetings and PWA communication.  Please reserve this list serv for this purpose.

Discussions on the writer's craft <[log in to unmask]>
Is for, as the name implies, discussion on the craft of writing.
Bouncing ideas off of each other, etc.
Please reserve this list serv for this purpose.

Communication, by definition, is two-way.  If someone has a question about an announcement, it is appropriate to reply to the whole PWSA list.

Likewise, if someone has a response to something posted on the writer's craft list serv, it is appropriate to reply to the whole SCRIBITE list.

When using the list serv please DO:
*Include your personal e-mail address so people can respond to your list serv posting if they are posing a non-global query.
*Members who notice misuse or mistakes of the list serv can send a nice, polite, off-list serv etiquette reminder to people who have not yet learned the rules.

When using the list serv please DO NOT:
*Misuse the Reply All option (i.e. don't reply all to send a message about a completely different subject).